Utah Laws & Policies
The following information is to educate the public about the legal obligation to provide interpreting services for the Deaf, Hard of Hearing, or Deaf-Blind in Utah.
Utah law requires that persons providing interpreting services hold a State or national certification.
- Utah Code: Interpreter Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Act
- Policies & Procedures
- Code of Professional Conduct (CPC)
Please refer to the following websites:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): http://www.ada.gov/
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA): http://idea.ed.gov/
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973:http://www2.ed.gov/policy/speced/reg/narrative.html